Why work with Peter
All organisations need to operate to the highest International standards to be successful. Those standards apply to staff, board, financial management, delivery of services and representation of your members.
Are you at the standard you should be?
Drawing on the experience of working with Chambers from 77 Countries over the last 14 years Peter has gained deep and meaningful insight into how best your Chamber can achieve success...
Key Skills and Competencies
- Peter has worked with Voluntary led Boards his entire career and is familiar with the role of Boards and staff in these organisations. Peter works to the highest standards of Corporate Governance.
- He is determined and focused with strong leadership and managerial skills and has an established record of working under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Peter has a knowledge and insight into the workings of voluntary / professionally based organisations throughout the world and is recognised as a thought leader in the area of organisational development in membership based organisations.
- He is adaptive, agile and responsive to changing priorities, an accomplished change manager and an innovator of new policies, ideas and processes.
- He possesses international vision with a broad perspective, critical thinking and detailed understanding of the complexities of governmental and institutional systems.
- He is a strong and accomplished negotiator with excellent communication and interpersonal skills working at all levels from boardrooms to academia. Peter was involved in the negotiation of the Good Friday Agreement which brought peace to Northern Ireland.
- Speaking to business organisations throughout the world, Peter has spoken to organisations throughout Europe, South America, Caribbean, United States, Canada, South East Asia, China and Russia.
The first time I met Peter Byrne was at the EuroChambers summer academy. He was one of the guest stars, giving the "negociation skills" seminar. I have to say, that was clearly the best seminar of the week. Indeed, the only one from which I still use some of the advice today!Philippe Meyer
Director, Geneva Chamber, Switzerland
Peter has carried out multiple assignments as Course Leader in Eurochambres Academies in Europe, Asia, South America and the Caribbean since 2002. Peter delivered peer to peer training in a wide variety of subjects related to professional chamber management. Peter is systematically ranking among the top course leaders. He is valued for his knowledge on the topics and excellent presentation skills.Dirk Vantyghem
Director International Affairs, Eurochambres
I can highly recommend Peter Byrne as a consultant and trainer. I have participated in lectures held by Peter on different issues at the Euro Chamber Academy and have been impressed by his knowledge on international business as well as his engaging and open style when teaching.Lars-Kåre Legernes
Oslo Chamber of Commerce, Norway
Peter has been a key contributor in the strategic development of the COBCOE Training Academy, transforming it into a Centre of Excellence and the focal vehicle for delivery of professional development training programmes for Chamber Executive teams. His vast experience and expertise in running and developing chambers of commerce and the chamber network, and his invaluable professional input have ensured his place as an integral member of the COBCOE team.Anne-Marie Martin
Council of British Chambers of Commerce in Europe